NACCA Presents its Board of Directors
(Ottawa, August 22, 2016) -- The National Aboriginal Capital Corporations Association (NACCA) is pleased to present its current Board of Directors. The Board is composed of nine members, of which eight are currently appointed, including six Regional Directors representing Canada’s provinces and territories and selected by their regional representatives. Three members were elected and appointed for a three-year term during the NACCA’s Annual General Meeting (AGM), which took place June 23, 2016 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and two members ended their terms.
The Board counts nine members, of which eight are currently appointed:
- Andrew Leach, Chair, British Columbia Region (two years remaining)
- Lucy Pelletier, Vice Chair, Saskatchewan Region (three-year term renewed)
- Muriel Parker, Secretary, Manitoba Region (one year remaining)
- Wayne Flamand, Treasurer, Independent Director (two years remaining)
- George Kurszewski, Director, Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut Region (one year remaining)
- Cory McDougall, Independent Director (newly appointed for a three-year term)
- Harry Morrisseau, Director, Ontario Region (one year remaining)
- Jean Vincent, Director, Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and New Brunswick Region (newly appointed for a three-year term)
- Alberta Region, vacant position
The NACCA acknowledges the valuable contributions made by departing members Christopher Googoo from the Atlantic Region and Shelly Anderson from the Alberta Region.
The Board of Directors provides oversight, supervision and direction concerning the Association’s operations. It ensures sound financial management and accountability and provides strategic direction and representation aimed at fostering economic growth and prosperity in Aboriginal communities.
The NACCA, a national network of Aboriginal Financial Institutions (AFIs) dedicated to stimulating economic growth for Aboriginal people in Canada, has contributed to the provision of more than 38,000 loans, totalling more than $2 billion, to businesses owned by First Nation, Métis, and Inuit people.
For more information, please contact:
Executive Administrative Assistant
T: 613.688.0894 Ext. 514 | TF: 1.844.827.0327 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org