Below is a list of upcoming events that relate to Indigenous Economic Development, as well as organizations that host these types of events. Please note they are listed for convenience, may not be open to the general public and are not necessarily endorsed by NACCA.
We are in the process of updating this Events page to make it more informative and easier to use. If you have an event that you feel would be relevant to Indigenous entrepreneurs in Canada, please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org
NACCA Annual General Meeting - October 10 & 11, 2018 - Wendake QC
- Vision Quest will bring together innovators, entrepreneurs, business leaders and youth to discuss and promote Indigenous business, community and economic development.
- Vision Quest will provide opportunities for learning, networking, information sharing, partnership building as well as cultural awareness and entertainment.
- Presented by Cedar Lake CFDC, Dakota Ojibway CFDC, Kitayan CFDC, North Central CFDC & Southeast CFDC.
- Come visit the NACCA booth during the Trade Show.
Alberta Aboriginal Youth Entrepreneur Camp (AAYEC) - June 18-25, 2018
- The AAYEC is a camp open to Aboriginal Youth between the ages of 18-35 who reside in Alberta. There is no charge for participation as all travel and retreat costs will be paid by AAYEC and its sponsors.
- Hosted by the Alberta Indian Investment Corporation (AIIC)
- The Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) is the non-Indigenous version of NACCA. They help create and develop strong Canadian businesses through financing, advisory services and capital, with a focus on small and medium-sized enterprises. They have a subsidiary called BDC Capital, which is similar to NACCA's planned Indigenous Growth Fund.
- Join StartUp Canada for their weekly online programs and learning webinars, explore special events live across Canada, and secure your seat for their upcoming Signature events.
- FuturPreneur is a community of entrepreneurs and experts, sharing practical advice, business tips and lessons learned.
- AFOA Canada offers a wide range of professional development opportunities through online learning, publications and workshops.
- The CCAB's mission is to foster sustainable business relations between First Nations, Inuit and Métis people and Canadian Business. Throughout the year, the CCAB hosts multiple events at various locations and dates.
- Aboriginal Business Match is a two-and-a-half day networking event that connects a national network of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal decision makers to create opportunities for businesses, training, and employment.
- This website contains a list of events and training opportunities offered for Canadian business leaders throughout Canada.
- This highly specialized portal is fully-dedicated to assisting individuals interested in locating and attending conferences and events of specific interest to Canada's Aboriginal Peoples.
- The Entrepreneurial Development Conference & Expo is an educational event which draws a roadmap to success for small business owners and managers. Currently offered in four Canadian cities for 2018.